- Polarn O. Pyret… “Pole Arn Oh Pier Et”
- It means “Buddy and the Little One” in Swedish The O. is Swedish for “&”
- You can call us “PO.P” for short!
A brief history
- The baby clothing brand “Pyret” (Little One) was originally founded in Sweden by The Adamsson family in 1939
- In 1976 Polarn O. Pyret was created by extending the baby range to include children’s clothing and introducing our now famous stripe
- Our PO.P ORIGINALS collection is still our most popular today - our stripes will never fade
In 2006 Polarn O. Pyret arrived in the UK and has gone from strength to strength with shops across the UK and Ireland, concessions in selected House of Fraser and Fenwick stores, as well as standalone stores in the best shopping centres in the country.
- Let children be children! We design specifically for children, not mini-adults, this means colourful clothes that can stand up to play and adventure
- Ensure kids can play outdoors in any possible weather with our hi tech breathable outerwear
- We make life easier for families with easy to care for solutions
- We avoid gender stereotypes by using unisex colours and prints
- We consider the environment. Over 30% of our collection is made from organic cotton or recycled materials
- Quality clothes that can be worn by as many kids as possible - true value